Monday, April 20, 2009

A friend has planted quite a crop of tomatoes, but I fear he has a challenge - hot, dry climate and vanishing worms. I, on the other hand, planted my zucchini and cukes yesterday, only to have a frost (yes, a real frost) this morning. I'm sure my little seeds are fine, hunkered down there in the ground. I'm planting some pumpkins tonight, but I'm going to wait another week or so before I put out my own tomato plants. Just in case.

God bless little Miss California for speaking the truth about her beliefs, too bad it cost her a dream. She could just as easily have lied about her beliefs, and probably would have won. Instead, she stood up for her values. She's got more courage tucked away in that tiny little frame of hers than 98% of our "leaders" do.

Also, the Curmudgeon is proud to be a Certifed Right Wing Extremist, as defined by our Dept. of Homeland Scrutiny.

1 comment:

  1. I may have to shade my tomatoes because my corn hasn't sprouted. Heaven knows why the corn hasn't come up. I was careless when I planted it and may have planted it too deep. I just made a hole with my finger. One of my Romas and the strawberries are flowering
    That maple syrup I bought on Maine Maple Sunday is thinner than store boughten syrup but way sweeter.

    ReplyDelete